It will get frustrating when you buy a pre-owned iPad or iPhone along with the activation lock. It is even worse when you cannot open it and don’t have contact with the previous owner of the phone. As a result, the mobile will be useless for you because you can’t open it.
You can’t use the iPhone unless you sign in to the iCloud account and it is not possible because you don’t have the Apple owner’s previous ID and password. So now there are a few questions raised in your mind is it possible to get rid of the iPhone? Can you activate the mobile when you don’t have any contact with the previous owner? Yes, there is a way that we will tell you in this article.
We will tell you how to remove the iPhone activation lock without the previous owner so that you will be able to experience your new mobile. We will tell you 3 ways proven ways through which you will be able to activate your lock.
How to remove iCloud Activation Lock without the Previous Owner
As I told earlier that there are 3 ways through which you will activate your device without the need of the previous owner.
- Remove the iCloud Activation lock by using any professional tools.
- Using the DNS bypass to activate the device.
- By asking Apple’s official website to remove the lock.
Let us tell you how you use these 3 ways to remove the iCloud lock.
Remove the Activation lock by using a professional tool:
There is a professional tool named as FoneGeek iPhone Passcode Unlocker which is iCloud activation lock bypass software. The software will get rid of the activation lock of the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple Watch without using the password.
If you buy iCloud locked iPhone or iPod then by using this tool you can unlock your device. You can reactivate or unlock any iPhone without using this tool without any ID or password and previous owner.
FoneGeek iPhone Passcode Unlocker Bypass Tool Features:
- Remove the activation lock in a few seconds without using the password of the previous owner.
- You can use any Apple ID to get access easily to your iPhone or iDevices after unlocking the phone.
- Prevent the previous owner so that he can’t track your phone.
- Stop the previous owner from blocking and erasing your device by using the iCloud account.
- Compatible with most iPhone models which are from iPhone 5S up to iPhone 14 that support the IOS 16 and another later version.
Follow the below steps to unlock and activate the iPhone with the help of FoneGeek iPhone Passcode Unlocker without the previous owner:
- Install FoneGeek iPhone Passcode Unlocker
- Download it on your laptop or computer and launch it.
- Click on the option “Unlock Apple ID” to start the process.
- Connect your device to the computer through a cable.
- First of all, you need to jailbreak the iPhone before getting started and if it is Mac then follow the instructions that are provided by the program.
- Confirm your IOS device information that is shown on the screen and then click on the “Unlock Now” button to start the process and remove the activation lock without the owner’s previous owner.
- After completing all the processes it will display you a notification “successfully Bypassed”. Here you simply click on done and exit the page.
Remove the Lock by using DNS Bypass Method:
Changing the DNS setting of your Wi-Fi network is another method you can bypass the activation lock. First of all, we need to understand the concept of DNS and what is. A DNS stands for Domain Name System which translates human-readable names otherwise it is known as Domain and is into unique IP addresses.
The manipulation of the DNS server is also referred to as the iCloud DNS Bypass and it is possible to prevent the iCloud lock. This will be achieved by rerouting your iPhone activation route which is away from the apple servers. In addition, it will be directed toward the chosen third-party iCloud bypass server.
This iCloud Activation DNS bypass method is helpful when you purchase a pre-owned iPhone owner to retrieve the login information. It is also helpful to you if you forget the Apple ID login credentials.
Activate the lock by using the DNS Bypass method.
- If the device is already on then restart it.
- Complete the following process until you reach the Wi-Fi network setting
- Select the option “More Wi-Fi network setting
- Tap on the “I” option that is shown beside the Wi-Fi icon.
- The Configure menu is open and from here you can select the Manual Option
- Add server option is shown in the manual option and tap on it.
- Here, type your server address that corresponds with your location.
- You can select the server by using the following addresses.
- 22.214.171.124 – for USA
- 126.96.36.199 – for Asia
- 188.8.131.52 – for Europe
- 184.108.40.206 – for Oceania and Australia
- 220.127.116.11 – for SAT
- 18.104.22.168 – for Others
When you are done then return to the Wi-Fi page.
Make sure when the device is connected with the iCloud DNS bypass server with your region. After that, you have to stop tapping next and back until your device will get set up with your own Apple ID.
Limitations of the DNS method:
- If you follow the above steps then there is no guarantee that your device will be successfully unlocked through this method.
- The process might be hectic for non-technical users.
- If your iPhone gets unlocked then there are a few capabilities that you can’t access.
- The method is not essential for a few devices, especially those that are using IOS 10 or above version.
- New iPad and iPhone models may not be compatible with this process.
Ask Officially Apple to remove the lock for you:
Apart from the DNS Bypass, there is another method that might not be effective and that is by using the FoneGeek iPhone Passcode Unlocker Professional activation lock bypass tool. Although it has few disadvantages. The method is simple you have to send the request to Apple Customer support and told them to remove the lock of the device.
This method needs information that includes the documentation of purchasing the device. You need to prove that you purchase this mobile as a locking device and are the owner of this phone.
Make sure that the verification process is processing smoothly and you have to visit the local Apple store. At the local Apple store, the employees will get the paperwork done. However, if this method is not possible for you then simply call Apple customer support and they will help you out.
- Search https://support.apple.com/
- Click on the Start a support request option
- The option will bring you to the page and here all the terms and conditions are mentioned. Read the terms carefully and then click on I Agree
- Now, you have to provide the information including serial number, IMEI, email ID, and MEDI.
- After completing this process, Apple will send you the confirmation link.
Disadvantages of this method:
- The biggest disadvantage of this method is that Apple didn’t cover the iPhones which are bought from the vendor secondhand.
- It is not acceptable if you buy a second-hand iPhone device. Calling the Apple customer support service or going to Apple’s local store may not get good results.
How to Remove Activation Lock without a previous owner for free through iCloud Web:
If you are in contact with the previous owner of the phone but can’t reach them. But you can still have them unlock your iPhone remotely. There is a complete set of instructions you have to follow. The overall process can be done remotely through iCloud web. The previous owner of the device will help you to complete this process if they cooperate with you.
- Open your browser and visit the iCloud website.
- Login with your existing iCloud account which you use with the locked iPhone.
- When you sign in then click on the option “Find iPhone”.
- Once the previous owner of your phone reaches this point then he will able to perform the actions on your phone remotely.
- From the drop-down menu click on All Devices and select the specific locked iPhone.
- Click on the option “Erase iPhone” to remove the activation lock.
After reading all the methods that are mentioned above, you will be able to remove the activation lock of iCloud on your devices without the need for a previous owner. I know that the methods are not effective and that’s why we recommend you use the FoneGeek iPhone passcode Unlocker. It is the best option according to us.
You Might Also Like: Safety Above All: Exploring Height Safety Standards In Australia