Barcelona vs Real Sociedad Copa Del Rey Quarter Final Match

Barcelona vs Real Sociedad Copa del Ray Quater Final Match


The article consists of Barcelona vs Sociedad Quater’s final single-leg match at Spotify Camp Nou. After beating Real Madrid in Super Cup Final and winning the Super Copa de Espana on 16 January 2023. Yesterday night Barcelona beat Real Sociedad by a 1-0 score in Copa Del Rey Quarter Final single Match. Barcelona’s team dominates the whole match against Real Sociedad in Possession.

Barcelona vs Real Sociedad Match Information:

Barcelona vs Real Sociedad

Match: 2023 Copa Del Rey Quarterfinal single leg match.

Time and Day: On Wednesday, January 25, 2023, at 9 pm Barcelona & Nigeria Time

Ground: The match is held at the home ground of Barcelona which is Camp Nou, Catalonia, Spain sponsored by Spotify.

Match Referee: Jesus Gil Manzano is the referee in this match.

How you can watch this match?

You can see these super Copa matches on ESPN in USA and Movistar in Spain.

Lineups of Both Teams:


Starting XI:

Marc-Andre ter Stegan, Jules Kounde, Ronald Araujo, Andreas Christensen, Alejandro Balde, Pedi, Sergio Besquests, Frenkie De Jong, Osumane Dembele, Reboert Lewandowski, and Gavi. The formation of the team is (4-3-3). The average age of starting XI is 25.8 Years.

Sergio Besquests is the Caption of the Barcelona Team.

Substitutes Players are: Inaki Peña (GK), Arnau Tenas (GK), Eric Garcia, Marcos Alonso, Hector Bellerín, Jordi Alba, Sergi Roberto, Franck Kessie, Raphinha, Ansu Fati, and Ferran Torres

Real Sociedad

Starting XI:

Alex Remiro GK; Aritz Elustondo, Igor Zubeldia, Robin Le Normand, Diego Rico; Brais Méndez, Martin Zubimendi, Pablo Marín, Takefusa Kubo, Alexander Sorloth, Mikel Oyarzabal.

The formation of the Sociedad team is (4-3-1-2)

The Average Age of Starting XI of this team is 25.7 Years

Mikel Oyarzabal is the caption of Sociedad.

Substitutes players: Andoni Zubiaurre (GK), Aihen Muñoz, Urko González, Asier Illarramendi, Benat Turrientes, Ander Martín, Jon Ander Olasagasti, Ander Barrenetxea, Carlos Fernández, and Robert Navarro

Barcelona vs Sociedad:

The Spotify Camp Nou stadium is one of the greatest stadiums in Football. Barcelona is looking very great after winning the super cup final again the big Real Madrid team. Now they are pushing themselves to win the Copa Del Rey.

They also played well in Laliga and hold the top position in Laliga. They are 3 points ahead of Real Madrid in the Laliga. While on the other hand Real Sociedad is not bad they are holding the 3rd position in Laliga.

Goal Disallowed at 11 Minutes:

The goal was disallowed in the 11 minutes of the match. Barcelona took the lead and Poland Lewandowski hit the ball to the nuts by hitting the Dutchman De Jong’s body. But unfortunately, the Dutchman player is offside in this situation and the goal is disallowed by the umpire.

Red Card to Real Sociedad Team:

Red Card to Real Sociedad Team:

At the 40 minutes of the match the Real Sociedad player Brais Mendez extremely rough tackle to the caption of Barcelona’s Sergio Busquets. The referee first shows the yellow card to the player but he goes to VAR and after seeing the video on VAR he ultimately changes the decision and shows the Red card to Brais Mendez.

Half-time Whistle Blows up:

After the first half was done Barcelona dominate in this half and took 64% possession and the Sociedad had just 36% possession. Barcelona shots 11 times of which 5 are off target and 3 are on target. While on the other hand Real Sociedad shot one time in the overall half and the shot is off target.

Barcelona Take Lead:

Barcelona Take Lead

At 52 minute of the match, Barcelona Player Ousmane Dembele scores a goal and take lead in the Quarterfinal single match. The goal of Dembele took Barcelona to win over Real Sociedad.

Barcelona 1-0 Real Sociedad Final Whistle:

Barcelona scored early in the second half that beat the Sociedad 10-man team in the match. Barca dominates the second half and took 84% possession in this half. While the other hand Real Sociedad had only 16% possession.


The match is great after Real Sociedad was down to 10 men in the 40 minutes. But they didn’t give up and tried to score in the second half by shooting a total of 6 times but unfortunately, the 10-man team couldn’t tie the match or even it.

See More: How To Sign Up And Log In To Your Hulu App Complete Guide