180 Degrees Consulting was founded in September 2007 by Nat Ware. Fortunately, Nat did have some experience with charitable work previously and it made him realise that “in the game of social impact, method trumps money.” Since the company’s formation, it has worked with almost 2,500 NGOs all around the globe.
What Does 180 Degrees Consulting Do?
180 Degrees Consulting is the world’s largest consultancy for non-profits and social enterprises. They have multiple branches in over 40 countries and more than 10,000 consultants worldwide. 180 Degrees Consulting aims to provide assistance to those companies that have minimal knowledge on how to improve and expand their services. The consultancy company wants to improve education, reduce homelessness and alleviate poverty. According to 180 Degrees Consulting official site, they’ve provided “over 6.2 million hours of high quality services”.
The company offers a great platform for students to discover their hidden talents and become more versatile for the future. They start as consultants, work for customers and after finishing one project, quickly move onto the next. If by the time they develop leadership traits, they might get elected as a Team Manager.
How Do I Start A 180 Degrees Consultant?
Fortunately, its quite simple to launch your own 180 Degrees Consulting branch. The company’s official site has laid out a complete procedure as to how you can successfully request for a branch of your own.
First you to have prepare in order to file a request for launching a branch. For that 180 Degrees states you need to:
- Secure a founding team of 4-8 individuals to assist in founding a branch in your university.
- Ensure that you have ample time remaining in your current university program (min. 9 months) and that you have thought through a succession plan.
- Check with your university that you have permissions to set up and operate an externally affiliated organisation within the university.
- Ensure you are able to set up an entity that can sign legally binding contracts and possess its own bank account.
- Start reaching out to potential professional partners/mentors who are happy to support you through your operations.
- Create a list of prospective clients who can provide projects for you to work on next year.
After you have successfully managed to attain the aforementioned, you have to apply for a branch opening. 180 Degrees has also narrowed down the procedure of that for you.
- Fill and submit the application form which you can find on our website
- Successful candidates will be invited to an interview with the 180 DC Growth Team
- Complete the new accelerator program
- Submit branch proposal
Is 180 Degrees Consulting Good?
180 Degrees Consulting is actually very good. It secures a rating of 4.6 out of 5 from anonymous employees that have worked there. On top of that, around 98% of the employees also recommend 180 Degrees Consulting to their friends, family and acquaintances. Each business they have helped so far has easily managed to get a more positive outlook.