iPads That Work With The Apple Pencil
During the first few years of Apple’s iPad, many tech companies came forward with different styluses that they guaranteed would make writing and drawing easier. However, they weren’t as effective and handy as they were promised to be. That’s the point where Apple came in with their Apple Pencil.
Apple released its first Apple Pencil in 2015. It was originally designed and developed to cater to a more decent experience for all iPad users out there. As the name suggests, its size is not bigger than a pen and it does wonders whilst taking down notes or drawing things. There are two variants of the Apple Pencil and each has its own unique features.
The Apple Pencil
The Apple Pencil is a wireless stylus that has been developed by Apple since 2015. The sole purpose of it is to provide a pen that can be used on digital screens whilst giving the users a delightful experience. It can do anything that you do with your fingers on the iPad. For instance, taking down some notes in your own handwriting.
The iPad has a feature in its Notes app that allows one to take down notes in their own handwriting rather than just typing. However, it’s only applicable on iPadOS 14 or later.
The Apple Pencil also comes in handy whilst you’re not in a condition to operating your iPad with your fingers. For instance, if you’re wearing gloves and can’t take them off due to the extreme cold weather, all you have to do is just take out your Apple Pencil and continue working.
Compatible iPads With The Apple Pencil
Before we hover over to the compatibility of iPads with the Apple Pencil, there’s something else you guys need to know. As we already mentioned above that there are two variants of the Apple Pencil (First Generation and Second Generation) they both have different compatibility with different iPad models.
The First Generation Apple Pencil is compatible with the following iPad models:
- iPad sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth generations which were released in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively.
- iPad Pro 9.7 inch which was released in 2016
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch which was released in 2017
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (First and Second Generations) 2) which was released in 2015 and 2017 respectively
- iPad Air (Third Generation) which was released in 2019
- iPad Mini (Fifth Generation) which was released in 2019
The Second Generation Apple Pencil is compatible with the following iPads:
- iPad Pro 11 inch (First, Second, and Third Generations) which were released in 2018, 2020, and 2021 respectively
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (Third, Fourth, and Fifth Generations) which were released in 2018, 2020, and 2021 respectively
- iPad Air (Fourth and Fifth Generations) which were released in 2021 and 2022 respectively
- iPad Mini (Sixth Generation) which was released in 2021