Best Balance Transfer Cards of August 2022
Banks are currently giving extremely long durations of 0% Intro APR interest. If you have a balance on a high-interest credit card or are planning a large purchase in the near future, it’s time to switch cards and save money.
Because of their lengthy 0% initial APR interest rates, our credit card specialists hand-picked the cards listed below. These options range from 12 months to 21 months with 0% Intro APR!
Compare these cards to see which one is right for you.
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
- Intro Balance Transfer APR. APR on Balance Transfers is 0% for the first 21 months, then 15.99% – 25.99% (Variable) after that.
- Introductory Purchase APR. 0% for 12 months on purchases, then 15.99% – 25.99% (Variable) after that.
- Rewards. While this card does not have a rewards program, the nearly two years of 0% initial APR on balance transfers makes it an excellent choice.
- Extras. Include free online access to your FICO® Score and privileged access to thousands of events such as concerts, sporting events, and more through Citi Entertainment®.
Citi Simplicity® Card
- Intro Balance Transfer APR. Cardholders get nearly two years of 0% initial APR: 0% on Balance Transfers for 21 months, then 16.99% – 26.99% (Variable) APR after that.
- Intro Purchase APR. Purchases are interest-free for 12 months; after that, an APR of 16.99% – 26.99% (Variable) applies.
- Rewards. Because this card is solely focused on providing the longest periods of 0% intro APR on purchases and debt transfers, it does not have a rewards program.
- Extras. If you lose or misplace your card, Citi® Quick Lock will protect you and there will be no liability for illegal charges.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Intro Balance Transfer APR. 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months (3% charge on sums transferred within the first 15 months) – balance transfer ongoing APR is 16.49% – 26.49% (Variable).
- Intro Purchase APR. 0% APR on purchases for 15 months, followed by 16.49% – 26.49% (Variable) APR.
- Rewards. 1.5% Cash Back on every transaction, every day; then 5% Cash Back on hotel and rental vehicle reservations made via Capital One Travel (terms apply).
- Extras. One-time $200 cash incentive after spending $500 on purchases within three months of account opening. Accordingly, cash back does not expire for the life of the account.
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
- Intro Debt Transfer APR. 0% intro APR on qualifying balance transfers for 15 months from account opening, then 17.24%, 22.24%, or 27.24% variable APR once that intro period expires.
- Intro Purchase APR. 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months from account opening, then 17.24%, 22.24%, or 27.24% variable APR.
- Rewards. The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card’s rewards program may appear easy at first glance, but don’t be fooled – as a cardholder, you’ll receive unlimited 2% cash back on purchases. 2% limitless is unheard of in the world of rewards credit cards, therefore this card should not be overlooked.
- Extras: If you’re a new cardholder, you’ll receive a $200 cash rewards incentive after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of opening your account.
BankAmericard® credit card
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% Intro APR for the first 21 billing cycles for any balance transfers made during the first 60 days, then 14.24% – 24.24% Variable APR after that.
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% Intro APR for 21 billing cycles on purchases, followed by 14.24% – 24.24% Variable APR.
- Rewards: While this card does not have a standard rewards program, the nearly two years of 0% interest on both purchases and balance transfers makes it an appealing option.
- Extras: This card has no penalty APR, so your interest rate will not rise if you miss a payment.
- The annual fee is $0.